Sunday, January 22, 2012

So I asked "Why Not Me?"

        I began my collegiate journey sometime around 2009, my GUIDANCE counselor gave me great news... I humbly asked if a Bachelors degree in education would suffice being my GPA from my undergraduate school was somewhat short of a 3.0. For years I had institutions tell me that I didn't qualify for my Masters Degree and is why I detained this endeavor.  The fact is my undergraduate professor (god rest her soul) never ever made me feel confidence in any way....  No positive reinforcement; just shame and humiliation... she was a snob! 


       This time, however, Dr. Burcroff had some pretty enlightening news to share with me..... As she tossed papers to the floor in a distinct and organized fashion, she stated.... "Why not a Master's degree?"  I couldn't believe my ears....  She pointed me in the right direction making sure I had the proper resources.  


       Don't get me wrong I don't mean to sound naive, I've had my doubts........  I've had many individuals say to me "sometimes a Masters makes it harder to find a job, they won't hire you because they will now have to pay you more money."  "I could even imagine those who couldn't wait to see me fail."  Yes, but now I realize this was the only option for me if I want to make it as a teacher.... Besides, this is my last and final calling you know....  I consistently reminded myself that all teachers need to continue their education in some fashion 'So Why Not Me?'  





New Testament:  I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, ...

Ephesians 4:1-12 ESV / 11 


No comments:

Post a Comment